Dogs and StorksHaving a baby is a life changing experience for everyone involved, including the family dog. If your dog has never spent significant time around babies, toddlers or young children, don’t wait until your baby comes home to discover potential problems. Preparing ahead will decrease stress and increase success!
with Jill Haley Rose, licensed presenter
Saturday January 19, 2019, 2019, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
$40/for 2 adults attending.
Preparing families with dogs for life with baby.
Questions to consider:
- How will your dog react to the sight and sounds of an infant wiggling and crying?
- Does your dog have areas of his body he is sensitive towards being touched?
- Has your dog ever exhibited possessive or guarding behaviors around food, bones, toys or sleeping locations?
- Does your dog exhibit demanding behaviors such as barking for attention or climbing and pushing into you for petting?
- Does your dog shadow you from room to room and become anxious when separated?
- Has your dog exhibited any type of aggressive behaviors?
- How does your dog react to visitors coming and going from your home?
- Has your dog ever had any formal basic manners training?
These are just some of the things to consider when a new baby is on the way. Dogs and Storks is the first national program that prepares families with dogs for life with a new baby. Jill Haley Rose has been an approved Licensed Dogs & Storks Presenter for the past 9 years.
This workshop covers:
- preparing your dog before the baby arrives
- introducing your dog after the baby arrives
- reading your dog’s body language & recognizing signs of stress
- keeping everybody safe
SATURDAY, APRIL 2019
Dogs and Toddlers Workshop
FREE Workshop to celebrate Bite Prevention Month (May) from 2:00 to 3:30 pm
Helping Families with Dogs and Toddler Age Children Create Safety and Harmony at Home.
with Jill Haley Rose, licensed presenter
As babies hit their developmental milestones, the family dynamics within the home will begin to change and may affect the family dog. We offer positive, practical, and fun solutions to address the challenges that often arise.
Recommended for parents with children between the ages of 3 months and 3 years.
- Important information for parents who have toddler age children.
- Answers to your questions about toddlers and safety.
- Advice about common trouble spots between dogs & toddlers in a home.
- Practical solutions and do-it-yourself techniques.
PetSaver / Pet First Aid & CPR
Westfield, Ma - at Sandy Meadow Farm
This is a valuable course for both pet owners and professionals with CEU's available to those who need them!
All our Pet First Aid and CPR classes are approved for CEU's by many organizations including:
- Massachusetts Certified Veterinarian Technicians
- North Carolina Veterinary Board
Don't see your organization listed for CEU's? Let us know and we will apply for you.
Pet First Aid & CPR (Approximately 5 - 6 hours), 9am - 3 pm $80.00 (Part 1 below)
PetSaver (Approximately 8 hours)(9am - 6pm) : $110.00 ( Part 1, 2, and 3 below)
1. Pet First Aid & CPR
One of the most important and vital items you will learn in this class is the Snout -To-Tail assessment. This skill alone is worth the price of admission
Restraining and Muzzling
Canine and Feline CPR
Assessing the Pet's Vitals
Insect Bites & Stings and snake bites
Heat & Cold Injuries
2. Caring For Your Senior Pet-izen
Part of being a caring, conscientious, and responsible and loving pet owner includes helping the pet into its “golden years.” Medically speaking, “old age” for pets is considered a condition and not an illness or disease. There are many preventative measures that you can do now to increase the quality and quantity of your pet’s life as they become “senior pet-izens.” This course will teach you to create a lifestyle for your pet that minimizes the risk of illness, injury and disease and, at the same time, maximizes the quality of their life and your relationship with them.
3. Dental Care For Your Pets
Your pet not having their teeth brushed for the first 3 years of their life is equivalent to you not seeing a dentist until you were about 20 years old. Imagine what your mouth would look like, what it would smell like if you didn’t have any dental care for the first 20 years of your life! This course will teach you how to properly brush your pets' teeth, how to recognize the signs of periodontal disease, the four stages of periodontal disease, and what you should do if you suspect your pet has periodontal disease.
Registration on the registration tab - copy and paste to an email. Payment due at workshop in cash or check or can be mailed ahead.